Monday, April 5, 2010

The small sounds of Peeping.....

Our eggs Hatch Day came and went on April 3rd.....nothing.....not even a crack....not any little sign of promise.....ugh! I wasn't going to just give up! I decided that we would wait a couple extra days even if there were no good signs of progress. That night I was checking to be sure that there was water in the bottom for humidity in the incubator and stopped.....was that peeping I could hear? I called Rob out to listen to be sure that it wasn't just me. Sure enough he could hear it too!!!! I was so excited I could hardly stand it! We were up preparing for the Easter Bunny to visit and I was glued to the window of the incubator......peep.....peep......one egg can take 24 hours....oh my I was in for a long night! When we finally gave in to sleep there was a tiny chip in the shell......tiny.....

After we got up and enjoyed the joy of Easter baskets and egg hunts we decide to go to the den and check on the incubator. To our surprise we made it just in time. We watched......we waited and suddenly it all started to happen.....


It was amazing! And the goofballs that we are we were cheering for him......


He was hard at work



With one big push he was out! It was our first hatched egg and it was all I hoped. Rob, I and the boys all were lucky enough to see the whole thing.
What a great day to hatch!

Today our 24 hours had passed and some of the first hatched chicks have moved into a box as we wait for more to hatch.
Our head count is now 12 hatched and more with cracks, rocking and peeping! We had 38 eggs total and are hoping for about 1/2. We will keep you posted.


What a great Easter!


No comments:

Post a Comment